Tony Awards Season Album
Liquid error (sections/product-template.liquid line 113): Could not find asset snippets/bargainator.liquid
Tony Awards Season Album is now available for Pre-Order Only!
Tony Award Productions and Broadway Records have announced the second annual Tony Award® Season compilation album. The album will be released on CD on June 8, 2018. The CD is now available for pre-order. A portion of the proceeds from the album will go to the American Theatre Wing and Broadway League’s charitable initiatives.
Each musical that opened on Broadway during the 2017-2018 season, including the 2018 Tony-nominated musicals, was invited to contribute a song to this new compilation album. A pair of the plays that opened on Broadway this season contributed tracks as well. The album will also include bonus tracks to represent this year’s Special Tony Award for Lifetime Achievement in the Theatre honorees, Chita Rivera and Andrew Lloyd Webber; and a classic cut from The Phantom of the Opera to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the logest-running show in Broadway history.
- Angels in America Highlights (from Angels in America)
- Mama Will Provide (from Once On This Island)
- (Just a) Simple Sponge (from SpongeBob SquarePants: The Musical)
- I Could Have Danced All Night (from My Fair Lady)
- Margaritaville (from Escape to Margaritaville)
- The Beat of Your Heart (from The Band’s Visit)
- Stop (from Mean Girls)
- Monster (from Frozen)
- She Works Hard for the Money (from Summer: The Donna Summer Musical)
- Do the Work (from Prince of Broadway)
- Children of a Lesser God Highlights (from Children of a Lesser God)
- Bonus Track: The Music of the Night (from The Phantom of the Opera – for the 30th anniversary)
- Bonus Track: Stick It to the Man (from School of Rock — Andrew Lloyd Webber Lifetime Achievement)
- Bonus Track: All That Jazz (from Chicago: A Musical Vaudeville — Chita Rivera Lifetime Achievement)
As with last year, the cover art features a specially commissioned Tony season illustration by Justin “Squigs” Robertson. The packaging will include an essay by noted musical theatre historian Jennifer Ashley Tepper, as well as details about each show.
Want last years 2017 Tony Award Season Album? No Problem! Hurry before they are gone!